Dole Food Company
Dole Food Company dates back to 1851, and is one of the world’s leading producers, marketers and distributors of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Through our worldwide network, we provide retail, wholesale and food service customers with a diverse portfolio of fresh products bearing the Dole brand. Our significant product range holds leading market share positions in their respective markets – e.g. bananas, pineapples, value-added and fresh-packed vegetables and berries. We sell and distribute our fruit and vegetable products throughout our network in North America, Europe, Latin America, South Africa and Dubai. For the 12 months ended October 2017, Dole generated revenue of US$4.455 million.
In February 2018 Total Produce (whose headquarters are in Dublin, and listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges) announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire a 45% equity stake in Dole Food Company from its owner Mr David H Murdock. This transaction was concluded in July 2018 and is expected to realise combined sales of over US$9 billion.
What we stand for – our vision, business goals and values
Dole South Africa’s vision is to be the producer and exporter of choice – providing superior service to our customers through growing an exceptional talent pool. We measure ourselves against achieving sustainable EBITDA goals and growing shareholders value.
We embrace a core set of values: integrity, teamwork, performance excellence, respect for people and community, pride, creative and entrepreneurial spirit, courage, tenacity, and respect for sustainable and ethical production practices. We are confident that with these values in our pocket we will continue to grow our business and be a reliable business partner to our growers and customers.
As part of our commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction and continual improvement to meeting customer and legal requirements, we are certified to ISO 9001:2015.
Integral to Dole’s Quality Management System (QMS) Policy Statement are the following:
- Continual Improvement: we are committed to continuous improvement of our QMS System while aiming to achieve and adhering to a set of objectives;
- Suppliers: providing consistent quality services and care to all our external suppliers of processes, products and services through awareness and understanding of their current and future requirements;
- Receivers: providing consistent quality service to all our receivers through awareness and understanding of their current and future requirements, and effective reaction to these needs;
- Dole South Africa has established an evidenced-based decision making process which entails gathering input from multiple sources, identifying facts, objectively analysing data, examining the cause and more;
- Establishing and maintaining long term interdependent relationships with external suppliers, receivers and relevant parties;
- Engagement of people: developing and retaining a stable team of competent and skilled employees;
- Maintaining a sustainable EBITDA through effective cost management and revenue optimisation